Donation Information - Victorian Elections
There is a maximum amount that can be donated to state campaigns in Victoria, and donations are subject to the following conditions:
- If you make or receive a political donation of $1,080 or more you must disclose it using the VEC Disclosures online system. You must do this within 21 days of the donation.
- Small contributions (under $54) do not count towards the $4,320 general donation cap. It is an offence to make or receive multiple small contributions to deliberately avoid the disclosure threshold or general donation cap.
- Donations can only be made by Australian citizens, Australian residents, and any organisation that has an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Donation Information - Federal Elections
Donations to our Federal Election Campaign account are subject to the following conditions:
- donations over $14,500 are subject to disclosure under the provisions of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918,
- donations may be made by a business with an Australian Business Number,
- foreign donations over $100 cannot be accepted.